Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Love & Loss (Part 7)

We still had a few months to go before we graduated Hamilton High School, but we had our future planned out. I would visit her in Washington whenever I could and she'd be back during all school breaks to visit family and friends. I know hindsight is 20/20 vision but were we foolish to think such a long distance relationship could work?

It's almost pointless going to school the last week. What is there really to do? Everything is pretty much all summed up and most grades have already been logged. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who thought that as classes were thin the last week of school. Then suddenly, someone was found wandering the halls of the school, someone who shouldn't have been there. Let me tell you, it shocked everyone.

Darryl was the first to find her. From his report she was just walking around aimlessly, as if in a daze. Why was she wandering around the High School? My guess, it was the first place she came upon or possibly she had good memories there. Who knows? What made this more interesting was Jenni had amnesia. She didn't remember anything about her abduction.

So once again, Jenni entered my life. Just as Vicki was leaving, well sort of. Vicki and I promised we were going to keep our relationship going despite her attending College so far away. I was determined to make sure Jenni was not going to be there to mess things up for me. Even if I had to keep Darryl at arms length. You see, in life's strange twists of fate, Jenni took a liking towards Darryl. Darryl was, of course, immediately smitten with her.

I had no time to deal with Jenni though, to be honest, I was quite grateful for that. Graduation came, along with a graduation party. Little did I know this was going to be one of the last times I would see Kenny. Nothing traumatic happened to him, we just drew apart. Laura was leaving with Vicki in just a few days so I assumed I'd see a lot of him before Laura left, but I actually didn't see him again for a long while.

Part 8 of 30

No comments:

Post a Comment