Monday, April 12, 2010

Love & Loss (Part 12)

Yes, Katy was still pining for Darryl, just as much as Missy was pining for me, or my attention at the very least. It's always been hard to ascertain which is more irritating, her lisping speech or grating personality. Missy is a girl (I'm reluctant to use the word woman) knowing what she wants and thinks she can attain it. She's always reminded me of a sad puppy seeking to please it's master.

Of course Kenny has always been a character. If I were to write about him, I think I'd have to change his name in an effort to 'protect the innocent' as they say. There was a gentleman several rows up from where I was sitting on the plane, he had an odd look to him which was hard to place. It wasn't his messy hair either. Though that was odd enough. The entire trip he looked as if he had just woken up, though I never saw him napping.

I'm certain I was concentrating on other people during the flight as a distraction from what I was truly thinking about. Was I doing the right thing in going to surprise Vicki? I weighed the pros and cons back and forth. She's be overjoyed to see me and realize how much she meant to me, she's be upset I was intruding in her space, she'd love it, she'd hate it. I almost turned around and got on the first flight back.

To be honest, the biggest reason for not turning right around was it was a paid for round trip ticket and as I said before, my funds were limited. This was my first time to Washington so I really had no idea where I was going. Once outside the airport I hailed a taxi. I had no luggage, except for my backpack, as I was just staying the night. Didn't need much for one night in a hotel. The taxi driver asked where I was headed and I gave him the address of Vicki's dorm room. A second later I gave him the address of my hotel.

1990 was really the year I began to drink coffee on a more regular basis. I'm not sure if being in Washington had anything to do with that or not, but I certainly drank a lot of coffee on that trip. Once checking into my hotel room I called another cab and gave him Vicki's address. A second later, I asked him to take me to the nearest cafe. I convinced myself I was feeling a bit peckish and needed some nourishment before confronting her.

Part 13 of 30

No comments:

Post a Comment