Sunday, April 4, 2010

Love & Loss (Part 4)

I'll tell you about this tragedy taking place, but first want to include a bit of additional background information. With the hope you'll better understand why this is so traumatic to me. You see, Kenny was right. In 1987 I WAS a mopey person. Vicki was a big help in alleviating me of that. Once again I had someone I could rely on to be there for me. Someone to listen to me, and fill the empty void in my life.

Vicki, I have never before set my eyes upon a woman as beautiful as her. She was as tall as I was and had light brown hair, considerably much lighter than Jenni's. She was into art and photography and fashion. I claimed it was the reason she fell for me. Of course Jenni would snidely remark that was more a form of bad taste rather than good fashion sense. Jenni never did get my jokes.

Sure, Jenni was still in my life. Not as a friend. Not by any stretch of the imagination. We were in the same word processing class every year and 1987 was no different. It seemed every day Jenni thought of some new way to irritate or annoy me. I can't recall the number of times I complained about her to Vicki. Jenni did this, Jenni did that. I'm telling you, Jenni was awful!



Anyone else use these old style Word Processors? Yes, that's my teacher in the picture. I actually got her to pose for this. Vicki inspired me to be more bold when it came to taking pictures. I never would have brought a camera to school, much less ask anyone to pose for me if it weren't for Vicki.

Two things happened to make my life miserable. Vicki was getting tired of hearing me go on and on about Jenni, and somehow Jenni figured out Vicki was getting annoyed listening to me complain. Sure, call me crazy but I'm certain Jenni decided to drive a wedge between Vicki and I, just because she was evil. She wanted me to feel as miserable as she was. It couldn't have been jealousy, she broke up with me!

Part 5 of 30

No comments:

Post a Comment