Monday, April 5, 2010

Love & Loss (Part 5)

All good things come to an end, as do all bad things. No matter how much Jenni continued to bug and annoy me, I refused to talk about it with Vicki. However, she soon discovered what a twit Jenni was being. One of the funniest moments of my life was when Vicki dumped her milk over Jenni's head, in front of the entire school cafeteria! Jenni wasn't much of a problem after that.

Vicki and I got along so much better after that. No more problems, no more 'situations' that needed to be taken care of, just two people as happy as could be. Well, I say no problems, I guess I mean no problems between the two of us. Because something truly tragic and frightening happened in 1988. My Senior year of HS was starting when I received the shocking news.

No matter how much I hated her, no matter how much I began to loathe her. I would never wish this upon her, or anyone for that matter. Well, I'm ashamed to say I had a brief 'serves her right' thought for a moment buried deep deep down, but that was extinguished in the twinkling of an eye. No one deserves this, no one should have to go through this with a loved one. Yes, 1988 was the year Jenni was abducted.

The news really hit close to home. True, we were no longer friends, but it was still someone I knew and this was simply terrifying. There were many days I wondered what became of her. What horrible things could be happening to her? Was she murdered?

So many mixed emotions. All the times she humiliated me or called me stupid in front of her friends, I still have the scar from the fire-engine she hit me with in kindergarten. And who would tell me if anything was ever found out? I couldn't imagine Jenni's mother calling me, she hated me. And her friend Andrea hated me even more so. Was it wrong for me to be so concerned about someone who hated me?

Part 6 of 30

No comments:

Post a Comment