Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Depression

It'll never be the same
when someone you love dies.
despite the hope you have inside,
everybody cries.

You miss their every action
even those you did despise
you say you will be okay,
but everybody lies.

I think I'll sleep in.

* * *

I pull myself together
and battle through the gray,
but feeling very lonely
each and every day.

I dream about the woman
who'd chase the pain away,
but she's in love with another
their affection on display.

I think I'll go lay down.

* * *

I really hate myself
though I do not make this known
Feeling like a failure
the prize that's all my own.

The intensity of this feeling
is like a sinking stone
surrounded by my many friends
but I always feel alone.

I think I'll go to bed early.

J.A.Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment