Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday Guest Poem

One of my favourite Simpson's episodes was about the monorail.
A transient flim-flam man comes to town and sells them on a worthless monorail.
The show (at least the initial part) was spoofing the Music Man.
Following was the catchy (and poetic) tune.


There's nothing on earth
Like a genuine,
Bona fide,
Electrified,
Six-car
Monorail!
What'd I say?
Monorail!

What's it called?
 Monorail!

That's right! Monorail!

Monorail

Monorail

Monorail

I hear those things are awfully loud.
It glides as softly as a cloud.

Is there a chance the track could bend?
Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

What about us brain-dead slobs?
You'll be given cushy jobs.

Were you sent here by the devil?
No, good sir, I'm on the level.

The ring came off my pudding can.
Take my pen knife, my good man.

I swear it's Springfield's only choice.
Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Monorail!

What's it called?
Monorail!

Once again.
Monorail!

But Main Street's still all cracked and broken.
Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!

Monorail!

Monorail!!

MONORAIL!

Mono... D'oh!

-The Simpsons

No comments:

Post a Comment