Tuesday, April 21, 2015

R is for Raxacoricofallapatorius

R.a.n.t. of day 04/21/15
I have a sneaking suspicion this rant will separate the nerd boys from the girls. It's also unique because it's the one challenge I decided to accept from friends. Towards the end of March, I asked Facebook friends for suggestions to fill out my A-Z list. This was one of the suggestions.

So who or what is Raxacoricofallapatorius? It's a planet in Doctor Who where a family called the Slitheen come from. What I find obnoxious about this alien threat to Earth is how they operate. Somehow, they arrive on Earth unnoticed. Then they kill a rotund individual, skin them and wear their flesh. Kind of like an Edgar suit. (Again, see Men in Black for that reference).

The Slitheen bodies, which are just as annoying to look at, are huge and grotesque and would never actually fit inside the flesh, but they have devices which compress their bodies, allowing them to do so. They then close up the skin with a zipper on the forehead. Over the course of each episode they feature in, they fart continuously and are frequently unzipping the skin to crawl out and attack someone else. It's an annoying creature which I hate to see in my favourite television show. Almost as terrible as the Abzorbalof. But that's another r.a.n.t.

Some questions for discussion:
Do you have a character in a favourite TV show you hate?
Ever ask for suggestions from friends via social media?
Have you ever watched Doctor Who? (Old or new series).

14 comments:

  1. I couldn't even begin to know how to pronounce that. I'm not a Doctor Who fan...never seen a single episode. Sorry. And when I saw that picture of that green alien, I laughed. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it ridiculous? For a show that's usually very intelligent, I found it very silly indeed.

      Delete
  2. A super cool post and trying to pronounce it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple. It rhymes with Saxathoridogallapotorius

      Delete
  3. Captivating all the same in a ghoulish kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's why I'm trying to lose weight. Don't want to go that way. Plus I refuse to wear red shirts.

      Delete
  4. Another reason why I would never watch Dr. Who...
    I know you love it. I miss the cues completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, one of the most ridiculous creatures they ever came up with. The rest of it is pretty enjoyable.

      Delete
  5. You know in the time it took the Raxacoricofallapatorius to get out of the human skin, everyone could have escaped - I would have led everyone out:) That was entertaining - never seen them before! I despise Melesandre in Game of Thrones - waiting for her demise. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, another reason to despise this creature. Taking forever to get in and out of the skin. At least in one episode they showed how dumb it was when they were unable to escape from a room about to be nuked because they couldn't just run outside where the other humans were. So they died. Good riddance.

      Delete
  6. I love Dr. Who!!! I enjoy the newer ones. I tried to watch some of the Classic series, but fall asleep every time. Most hardcore Whovians would kill me onsight just because I've said such heresy ;)
    Katie @TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't kill you. Maybe send you to Gallifrey during the time war.
      Seriously, I don't blame others for not liking the older series. It was never as fast paced as the new ones are. The older ones you could cut out about half of the show and it would move quicker. That being said, I do enjoy the old ones and have all available DVD's. I'm a DW Junkie.LOL

      Delete
  7. Hello there.
    I much prefer the original Dr. Who with Tom Baker over the new one. Guess I'm just old!

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. We all have our preferences. I LOVE the older Doctor Who episodes and have them all on DVD. Well, the ones that aren't lost, anyway.

      Delete