Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Vacation Day 5 - An Exhausting Day

One of the first stops while in London was the Who Shop. A store selling every sort of Doctor Who merchandise you can think of. Dan had never been there so I took him. Kind of neat to travel directly there and know exactly where it was.


Who wouldn't want to have their picture taken with a Dalek? A sign in the store warns 'Shoplifters Will Be Exterminated'.


Did you see that ludicrous display last night?


No trip to London is complete until you've taken a ride on the Underground. Mind the gap.


I visited the British Museum last time I was in London, but Dan had not. So I went back. Here is the main reception area. Still impressive as ever.


How many feet? That's so whether you view this station from the front or the side, it'll look like it has enough feet.


So much stone artwork like this. How can you not be impressed. I couldn't even draw this with a simple pen and paper.


The Rosetta Stone - Discovering this artifact was key to unlocking the secrets of Egyptian Hieroglyphics.


This was our guide for the 'Jack the Ripper' walking tour. He does this by night. During the day, he's a beefeater in the Tower of London (which you can see behind him).


This is a portion of an original Roman wall, still standing in London.


One more look over the Thames. Tower Bridge can be seen in the distance as well as City Hall to the right.


I don't normally take random photos of strangers, but this day was so exhausting and when I saw this couple I sneakily took a photo because it was exactly how I was feeling at the time. (And I thought it made a cute photo). Yes, I was ready to collapse. Who'd have thought having fun would be so tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment