Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vacation Day 4 - A Titanic Day

An exciting day was planned for our fourth day of the trip. But never let it be said I never take time to stop and smell the roses. Or at least, photograph the flora. These were adorning the walkway up to the B&B we were staying at.


I was excited for where our trip took us next - London! And we were going there by way of this great new ship named The Titanic.


Actually, our next stop was the Titanic Experience. One of the first things I planned to do when I found out I was going to be in Belfast for Titanic's 100th tragedy memorial.


One of the first things on display was a scale model of the Titanic. So impressive to see how large this ship actually was.


One of the most talked about feature of the Titanic has always been the Grand Staircase. Here a quick photo of the staircase, followed by a short video:


It seems just 100 years ago, people were much shorter than they are now. How did they fit in these tiny beds?


The Titanic now lays at the bottom of the ocean, but a few artifacts have been recovered. Here are just a few examples.


The Titanic experience over, we fly out to London. I saw this ship below us and snapped a photo. I believe this one managed to miss all icebergs.


As we flew over Ireland, I wanted to capture just a bit more of the country side.


My final view of Ireland. Well, at least for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. The Grand Staircase is magnificent. Awesome pictures!

    Going to Ireland has been one of my dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can make it some day. I had many more photos of the experience but per usual I only posted a smart assortment so as not to overload my posting.

      Delete