Monday, June 18, 2012

Vacation Day 3 - Drive to Belfast Ireland

In order to get to Belfast, we opted to rent a car. This is what we drove.


On our drive to Belfast, I found this impressive structure. I had to take a photo of it.


Per everyone's request, I took a photo of the Irish country-side. This time, we had pulled off the main highway and took a less beaten path.


While travelling, we found a small animal preserve. We were trying to find a castle of some sort, so when I saw there was a cafe selling coffee, I suggested we go ask for directions. Plus I wanted a coffee.


As we approached Carlingford, towards the castle the kind folks from the cafe directed us to, we saw this sign. The sign may be humorous, but the shocking thing is, it was probably a problem at some point.


Having parked the car, this was the scenery as we approached King John's castle. Can you imagine having this sort of a view from the back of your kitchen window?


A glimpse of King John's castle we explored.


Nothing shows the true power of nature as well as vegetation growing from a stone wall.


The castle has seen better times. It's still impressive.


A view of the village, pointed away from the castle. Marvellous!


I had to do a bit of climbing to get this picture, and Dan was happy to take the photo.


Finally in Belfast, we dropped our stuff off at the B&B and immediately went looking for the next pub.


A long hard day of travelling and checking out castles wore me out. I decided to relax and enjoy a burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment