Sunday, June 27, 2004

Get Back To Me

R.a.n.t. of week 06/27/04
Are friends really friends if they never call you back? No, that's not really a 'deal breaker' for me, but the point is valid. One of my biggest irritants is calling or emailing a friend and never receiving a response. I understand life is hectic, but I always try to make room for is my friends. When I receive a call or email, true I don't run down everyone in my path to get to a computer or phone, but  I do try to respond as soon as I can. Maybe that's why I'm so irritated when my friends don’t. Sometimes it feels like I'm not important enough to get back to. Oh sure, one or two usually get back to me, but some never do. True, we get along great once we are together, but an offline internet message or voice-mail would really hit the spot, and let me know you still care. Particular when I’m feeling down. I know some people aren't as comfortable as I am on the computer, and who really likes leaving phone messages? But a response is something everyone enjoys. I just wish my friends realized this as much as I have.
Reprinted 10/15/12

*Note: I recently revamped this topic, using just an example for the entire rant. You can find the updated r.a.n.t. article HERE





 *PLEASE NOTE - I recently found R.a.n.t. articles posted to an older website I once owned. I've decided to reprint them in my current run, but have decided to edit the articles. For comparisons sake, I've decided to run the unedited versions as well. In a way, it's kind of fun to see how my writing has changed in eight years.


Original R.a.n.t.
Are friends, friends, if they don’t call you back? One of the biggest things that irritates me is calling or emailing a friend and never receiving a response. Now I can understand life is hectic and we all have many things to do, but the one thing I always try to make room for is my friends. Once I receive a call or email I try to respond to it as soon as I possibly can. Maybe that is the reason I find it so irritating when my friends don’t. There have been some weeks where I’ll try to at least call or email everyone I know. One or two people will get back to me, but the rest never do. Oh sure, we get along great once we meet each other in person, but sometimes an offline internet message or a message left on my answering machine would really hit the spot. This would in particular be the case when I’m feeling down. Yea, I know some people do not like to type on the computer as much as I do, and some people do not like to leave phone messages, but I for one love it and sometimes wish that those who are my friends loved it as much as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment