Sunday, July 4, 2004

Getting Irate!

R.a.n.t. of week 07/04/04
One thing that really gets my goat is when people get bent out of shape for small and trivial things. I experienced this, this weekend with two of my sisters. I’m not going to side with either one of them because the squabble is beside the point. It was something, I thought, simple and silly. Why do people allow little things to get out of control? And then the next level takes place when one wants to resolve the situation amicably, and the other does not. People wonder why I tend to allow myself to be wronged. Mostly it's because I'd rather not cause a rift in the family and/or friendship for something inane. I believe people are generally good, but allow pride to get in the way once a situation "gets away from them". Realistically, who wants to admit they are wrrrrr wrwrwr, the "W" word? That’s why I try to give the benefit of the doubt. If wronged, I try to chalk it up to them having a bad day, or maybe they misunderstood something I said, (and that’s not very unusual). In the end, my sisters were able to resolve their problem the old fashioned way, agreeing to disagree, so I’m proud of them both. With luck, there'll be no residual animosity from this, I hate when someone holds a grudge. Hmmmmm I got my rant idea for next week.
Reprinted 10/23/12





*PLEASE NOTE - I recently found R.a.n.t. articles posted to an older website I once owned. I've decided to reprint them in my current run, but have decided to edit the articles. For comparisons sake, I've decided to run the unedited versions as well. In a way, it's kind of fun to see how my writing has changed in eight years.


Original R.a.n.t.
One of the things that can really get my goat is when people get all bent out of shape for small or silly things. One example came this weekend with two of my sisters. I’m not using this space to side with either one of them because the problem was just between the two of them, but sometimes I think people allow little things to get out of control. I’m not saying I’m a push-over myself, but I hate to see people get upset, especially when one wants to resolve the situation amicably. I think in most cases I’d rather be wronged than to cause a rift in the family and/or friendship. I know most people cannot understand that, but people generally are good people and allow their pride to get in the way once a situation gets away from them. Maybe that’s why I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes when I get wronged, I just chalk it off to them having a bad day, or maybe they just misunderstood something I said, (and that’s not very unusual). As far as my sisters are concerned, they seemed to resolve it so I’m proud of both of them. I just hope there is no residual from it, I hate when someone holds a grudge, hmmmmm I got my rant idea for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment