Monday, November 23, 2015

Battle of the Super Heroes - Results

Super heroes was the theme of this weeks battle. And unfortunately, I was so busy this weekend I was not able to get the results posted when they were due. If I were the flash, I could have written this up and posted it in a second flat. If I were the Doctor, I could travel in my Tardis, back in time so I would have more time to finish. If I were Hiro Nakamura I could just stop time, and resume again when I was done. If I were Saturn Girl, I could just mind control someone to ghost write this for me.

But I am none of those super heroes, so let me just apologize for posting this late.

On to the battle:

The first round of this true Super Hero battle was interesting as it saw votes come in for almost every theme song. The Justice League received one vote, Batman received three, Spiderman two and Inspector Gadget one. Batman takes an early lead.

The second battle was between only three of the contenders. They were Spiderman, receiving four of the votes, Batman with another two and Inspector Gadget with another vote. This put Spiderman swinging to the top of the list.

For the third round of battles, it was another three-way tie between Batman, He-Man and Inspector Gadget, each receiving two votes. With the exception of the X-Men, so far every theme song has been represented. With the extra votes, Batman was again dominating this Super Hero dog pile.

Inspector Gadget wins the fourth and final round with three votes. But with Batman and Spiderman each receiving an additional two votes, Batman held on to his victory. Just barely beating the Spiderman theme song.

The Final Tally?
Batman - 9
Spiderman -8
Inspector Gadget - 7

He-Man - 2
Justice League -1
X-Men - 0

Of the additional questions, favourite super hero broke down this way.
(Keep in mind, not every voted for the following two questions)
Batman - 4
Wonder Woman - 1
Beast - 1
Iron-Man - 1
Wolverine - 1
Deadpool - 1

Favourite Super Power?
Flight - 4
Invisibility - 3
Teleportation - 3
Weather Control - 1
Super Intelligence - 1
Time Travel - 1
Telepathy - 1


Top Comments

FAE - Jeffrey, no apologies necessary here, this was really a good idea and a lot of fun.

Stephen T. McCarthy - JEFFREY, this was a fantabulous BOTB installment. No reason whatsoever to sound the least bit apologetic. I wish I'd thought of this one. I'm 56, so the only two that I knew were SPIDERMAN and BATMAN. This was a total no-brainer, piece o' cake vote for me: Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh-Duh-DUH! BATMAN!!!
Man, when I was a child I drank, ate and breathed Batman. I would do anything my Ma told me to at the threat "there'll be no Batman tonight..." Anything she said. Done!

Robin – I watched Spiderman, Batman & Robin, and the Justice League. In fact, I remember getting up "early" on Saturday morning so I didn't miss Justice League. As you know, you couldn't record it and watch it later. Plus, cartoons only aired from 8-noon on Saturday and that was it. Done for the week.

Arlee Bird - No real contest for me. Hands down my favorite is "The Batman Theme". I used to have the 45 and it's a nice piece of music. I also do like the theme from Inspector Gadget--classic in a Henry Mancini "Pink Panther" sort of way.

dolorah - Ah Jeff, that was a lot of fun. Brought back fond memories of Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid.

Cherdo –Wow, this is fantastic! So much for traditon - I love the way you're thinking outside of the box (which is a television from the 70s, by the way).

Stephanie Faris - Spiderman...who can forget that song? It gets stuck in your head and won't go away!

Michele Truhlik What a fun battle Jeffrey!!

Spacerguy - Awesome BOTB selection

Madilyn Quinn –What a neat idea!

Guilie Castillo - The one that gave me chills was He-Man, hahahahahaha. I was *not* expecting that. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I watched Spiderman and Batman mostly in Spanish (growing up in Mexico), and the songs were also translated. But He-Man was one of those Saturday morning cartoons I watched a lot during the 2 years I spent in the US — and, obviously, in English.

Crystal Collier - Really? REALLY? I'm supposed to just pick one?

Cathy Kennedy - Jeffrey, this is a fun battle.


Winners Circle
Adam West, AKA Batman. Celebrates his victory this week with the Bat-Dance



Thanks to everyone who stopped by and placed a vote.
Come back again for a new battle December 1st.
Who will you vote for?
What song will I choose?
Which artists will battle it out?
Stay tuned.

Don't forget to visit the other participants in the Battle of the Band to see who won their battles.

FAR AWAY SERIES
STMcC PRESENTS 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS'
TOSSING IT OUT
JANIE JUNEBUG RIGHTING AND EDITING
YOUR DAILY DOSE
BOOK LOVER
MIKE'S RAMBLINGS
CURIOUS AS A CATHY
DCRELIEF - BATTLE OF THE BANDS
THE DOGLADY'S DEN
CHERDO ON THE FLIPSIDE
ANGELS BARK
NOVEL BREWS
QUIET LAUGHTER
HOLLI'S HOOTS AND HOLLERS
THE SOUND OF ONE HAND TYPING
JINGLE JANGLE JUNGLE

Are you currently in the BOTB and don't see your name in the list above? Let me know in comments and I'll include it.

Any person familiar with a good Super Hero movie knows, there is special material at the end of the credits. So here is the bonus material I've decided to place this week.





18 comments:

  1. Hi, Jeffrey!

    You wrote:

    << I was so busy this weekend I was not able to get the results posted when they were due.>>

    Busy, Jeffrey..... or lazy again? :)

    Hey, I am delighted to learn that your unorthodox post was a hit. It's nice to know that others share my love of Batman and its musical theme and wish they could fly like an eagle.

    You wound up with a nice even vote distribution, good buddy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot I was going to be out of town on Sunday. It wasn't lazy, I just forgot and had no time on Saturday.
      Well, now that the lazy song is over, and the fun battle completed, back to the real battles.

      Delete
  2. This battle got a lot of "action," which is a good thing considering the subject matter. Congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is interesting since my last battle was pretty quiet.

      Delete
  3. Well, my vote for Justice League didn't amount to much. Not even a comment mention. I slink off in shame...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shame. I was half a mind to vote for Justice League too. If it came down to favourite cartoon, I would have picked the Justice League.

      Delete
  4. When it comes to pop culture superheroes Batman is hard to beat. The real king of super powers though is Superman.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only problem I've had with Superman is his powers are so vast, it's hard to beat him unless you threaten one of his loved ones or use Kryptonite.
      Still, I agree. It's hard to beat either super hero and love all their movies.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jeffrey - you've engaged everyone in your battle - I can't say I'm enamoured with any of them .. but then that's me!! I'm sure I know the music though ... and I'm sure I saw some of the pre-cursor tv shows ... anyway glad it gave you some great comments - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary, it was a fun battle to work with. Glad everyone else had fun too.

      Delete
  6. Everyone loves Batman. I'm not a superhero fan...but it's amazing how superheroes continue to dominate at the box office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Heroes have gotten to be very popular. Growing up, you were a nerd if you liked super heores. (And back then, being a nerd wasn't cool). Even the few films that came out, never got a lot of attention except from the many fans.

      Delete
  7. Poor Inspector Gadget. I had a feel Batman would win though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually surprised Inspector Gadget did so well. I mean, I love the cartoon but I thought it would be either Spiderman or Batman running away with the votes. All-in-all, it was a close battle.

      Delete
  8. This was a really fun BOTB installment, JEFFREY. And I also enjoyed the extracurricular portions (favorite super hero and favorite super-power).

    That picture you posted here captured the moment when 'BATMAN' (starring Adam West) "jumped the shark" (even if Fonzie in 'Happy Days', many years later, actually gave us that great expression).

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True about the photo. But the best bit is, Batman is so cool, he not only jumped the shark, he maced him while doing it. How COOL is that?

      Delete
  9. Batman is my favourite superhero because he's actually human and has to rely on intellect and skills alone. The 60s show was campy good fun, as your video illustrates, but the "Dark Knight" persona attracts me the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people refer to the Adam West show as the Funny Batman. It truly was campy, but sometimes camp can be lots of fun. Especially if it's cheesy at the same time. And hey! I come from Wisconsin. We all love cheese from what I hear people outside of Wisconsin say.

      Delete