Monday, October 26, 2015
The Listing Hop - Top Five Favourite Songs
Top Five Favourite Songs
5. Bond - 1812 Overture - I love this song as performed by Bond because it's always motivating and inspiring. Even when I'm in a lazy mood, when I play this song, I'm suddenly energized and raring to go. It's my go-to song for when I jog.
4. Beatles - Hard Days Night - I would be remiss if I didn't throw in a Beatles song. The Beatles were an amazing band and help revolutionize the music industry. As a Beatles fan, this is my favourite. Though if you ask me, it could use more cowbell.
3. Blondie - The Tide is High - "Wow! That is an odd choice", I hear you say. Though I do love the group Blondie, there is a specific reason I have this included in my list. It was the early 80s and I was sitting in my living room when suddenly a guy across the street walked past with his ghetto blaster blairing. The song at the time was this one. It was so catchy, I ran to see if I could find it on a radio station. Side note, till I heard this song, I never listed to music on the radio. So this is the song that got me interested in listening to music on the radio. I was probably 15 at the time.
2. Huey Lewis - The Power of Love - Unsurprisingly, another of my favourite 80s. Unlike the other selections, this song is chosen because for me, it typifies 80s music which I have come to love so dearly. There is no coincidence this is also the signature song from one of my favourite films as well. Can you guess it?
1. Michael Bublé - Haven't Met You Yet - One of only a few songs where I absolutely love the video as well as the song. As a single guy, I'm still looking for that one special lady. There has to be at least one special person for everyone. Shouldn't there be? But the problem is I've broken my hear so many times I've stopped keeping track. But I believe she is out there. Wherever she is and whenever it's right, she'll come out of nowhere and into my life. And I know we are going to be so amazing, and her love is going to change me. But I just haven't met her yet. One day I shall.
Top Five Questions:
5. What song really motivates you?
4. What song do you feel revolutionized music?
3. Do you remember a song that got you into music?
2. What is your favourite genre of music?
1. Which song best fits your life?
Bonus Question: Who did you think you would see on this list that you didn't see?
Perhaps I shall do a follow-up post indicating who my top five favourite artists are and why.
Hint: My top artists will not ALL be in that list.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting me on this Listing Hop.
For other cool and fantastic lists, visit the hosts of this blog hop.
Host - Bish Denham
Co-Host - Alex J. Cavanaugh