Wednesday, February 21, 2018

...In Review

R.a.n.t. of week 02/18/18
022104084418 02
As some of you are aware (at least those who read my last rant), I'm in the process of uploading 30+ years of journal writing to one localized (private) place online. For the most part, the uploading part has reached its conclusion. Now comes the review process. Yes, I will now be reading each and every entry for the sole purpose of tagging. My next goal is to make sure each entry has at least one tag on it. So in a quick and easy stroke, I can find all entries where I talk about a certain subject. It's a slow process, but it's been kind of neat in a way as I have started the review process.

One thing of note. There is a chunk of time (mostly during my marriage) where I did no journal writing. As a sort of gap-filler, I have turned to my blog and have started to include blog posts. I've been blogging for about 10 years now, so there are move reviews in my future. Ironically, one of the features I attempted while blogging was reviews. At different points in my blogging life, I've attempted review articles. Topics such as weight loss products, photography, music and other miscellaneous things have taken centre stage. I've often wondered if I could go back to that. I think the only thing that has really held me back from that is wondering how qualified I actually am to judge things such as music and/or movies. Who would take me seriously? My photos reviews were mostly jokes. Are my jokes funny enough? Or just inane chatter? Would I, Could I, start a new review set of acticles? And what would I review? Not sure currently, I will have to 'review' my notes. Till then, I shall go back and review my past journal entries. At least that's something I should be an expert on. I did write them after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment