Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Journal Omnibus

R.a.n.t. of week 02/11/18
021303104418 01
So I've started a new project. Not sure if the correct word is ambitious, but it's interesting none-the-less. I have embarked on bringing all my journals and web entries to one place. You see, I've been journal writing since 1984. Can you believe that? The first eight or nine years, the entries were entirely hand written. A few years ago, I embarked on the task of writing these entries into the computer. A task I concluded, to some degree or another. I tried to keep all misspellings in-tact. Sort of a way to see how my writing has improved over the years (if at all).

Most recently, I've started entering all these previous journal entries to a private journal writing website. It's safe and secure, so I have been having fun entering them and reliving old times. Additionally, I've been groaning at some of the idiotic things I have written or done, and with the new site, adding tags to each entry. Now with just a click of the button, I can check how many entries I wrote about my old friend Patrick, my most recent friend Brandon, my sons Caleb and/or Tristan or even places I've been to such as London or the times I've mentioned Doctor Who. It's really kind of exciting to me.

While creating this Omnibus, I pondered including all of my writes. Certainly my rants are not exactly journal writing. Mostly because I share my rants with the world. But then I got to thinking, I should include my writes. Though I do more writing about people and things I've done in my journal writing, my rants express all things about me. Things I like and don't like. So I ultimately decided they were perfect for my omnibus. But how should I include them? Should I squeeze them in as journal fillers during the different journals of mine? Or make them a completely thing all-together. After much internal debate, I have come to conclusion they will be added to my journal omnibus as a separate thing entirely. Most likely though, I will include various other blog entries. Will the entire Omnibus be made public? Unlikely. However I will make any new r.a.n.t. articles available here. So, that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment