Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Battle of the Bands Results - Kashmir

For my second battle of the bands feature, I decided to do something a little different and feature two all girl electric string quartets. I absolutely love their music, but realized it wouldn't be for everyone. One commenter on Facebook said, "It looks like these two groups compete on looks and not music." Though I will agree these girls are absolutely gorgeous, I had to disagree and wonder if the commenter listened to the music.

But many did listen to the music and most enjoyed what they heard. The comments on the music surprised and delighted me. It's always nice when you are able to introduce something new to someone.





Some of my favourite comments are below:

"I never heard of either group and I thank you for introducing them."
Shady Del Knight

"This is like torture. I love both of them!"
Chrys Fey

"I see why you like them, both. They are truly awesome; I'd like to add both to my music collection."
Dolorah

"Both of these sound like they could be used in the action sequence of a movie."
Robin

"Where did you find these? Great choices."
Cherdo

"Thanks for the introduction to these bands. I was unfamiliar with both of them."
Michele Truhlik

"So what were the results?" I hear you asking. Well. I'll tell you.
Bond came out strong the first round, winning the first two votes or three out of five. From there, eScala took charge and won the next round, scoring four out of five votes. The third round consisted of six votes and this is where eScala took a commanding lead, winning four of the six. The total at this time was 6-10 in favour of eScala. But Bond was not going to lay down. They won the next round, taking three of the next five votes. As the final voter in the final round, I placed my vote in Bond's direction, giving the last round 4-2 for Bond. But the come-back was too late. eScala was too far ahead and claimed the final victory. Vote total:
Bond: 10, eScala 12

Congratulations eScala.
Now enjoy another piece of music from the winner.
Here is eScala performing Palladio




Thanks to everyone who stopped by and placed a vote.
Come back again for a new battle July 15th.
Who will you vote for?
What song will I choose?
Which artists will battle it out?
Stay tuned.

Don't forget to visit the other participants in the Battle of the Band to see who won their battles.

STMcC PRESENTS 'BATTLE OF THE BANDS'
TOSSING IT OUT
JINGLE JANGLE JUNGLE
WOMEN: WE SHALL OVERCOME
ALEX CAVANAUGH
YOUR DAILY DOSE
BOOK LOVER
MIKE'S RAMBLINGS
CURIOUS AS A CATHY
THE SOUND OF ONE HAND TYPING
DCRELIEF - BATTLE OF THE BANDS
THE DOGLADY'S DEN
CHERDO ON THE FLIPSIDE
ANGELS BARK
FAR AWAY SERIES
NOVEL BREWS
QUIET LAUGHTER
HOLLI'S HOOTS AND HOLLERS

Are you currently in the BOTB and don't see your name in the list above? Let me know in comments and I'll include it.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Jeffrey! I think it's terrific that you picked two very unusual and evenly matched music acts and that your contest was a seesaw battle to the very end. As I told you on the 1st, Bond left me shaken and stirred, and I'm happy to know that you voted for them, too, even if they didn't win. Congratulations on executing a very enjoyable and successful BOTB, Jeffrey. I'll see you next time, my good friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping back to see who won. See you soon.

      Delete
  2. I voted for them! YAY!!! :) That was a very close one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather have a close battle, then no battle. If you know what I mean.

      Delete
  3. When talent comes along, theres no stopping it. These babes sure know how to rock the town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will watch either of these quartets play any time.

      Delete
  4. That sure was a close battle. Too bad my favourite didn't win, but they were both good and new to me. Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I picked another winner. both were pretty good as evidenced by your close BATTLE and was a cliffhanger up until the end. I personally believe that the closer the BATTLE the better it was over all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If it's close, you know both bands are good. Or equally bad. Because where would the fun be in pairing a headlining performance with a garage cover band?

      Delete
  6. Yeah, dang close - always the sign of a good BOTB.

    I helped the winner win. I like that.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a good streak this week. Over double the wins I helped decide.

      Delete