Sunday, November 11, 2012

Coming in Sick

R.a.n.t. of week 11/11/12
Life is hard, that certainly isn't a secret. It also wouldn't be such a great topic to r.a.n.t about considering how general the statement is. Still, one of the hardest things to do in life is striving to keep a decent job. Sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to keep the job, even if that means going into work sick. I'm not talking about the a case of the blues, or the blue flu, (I know nothing about that) I mean SICK! Hacking, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head & feverish kind of sick. [I'll take my royalties now Nyquil]. Who wants to do anything, let alone work, when they are sick? Even with sick time and personal time, you really don't want to take many days off if you can help it. That's why it sucks to be sick for more than a week, let alone a month or two.

The next thing worse than going into work sick is having someone else come into work when they are sick. When this happens, not only do you get to enjoy listening to them hacking, sniffling, sneezing coughing and such all day long, but you get the added worry of, "Will I be getting sick next"? Nothing worse than wondering all day long, "Did they just use this stapler"?, "Are they using tissue when they sneeze"?, "Are they contagious"?, "Why do they not wash their hands, but continue to keep touching my stuff"?, "Shouldn't they be shouting out 'UNCLEAN' as they walk along"? That's why it's distressing, and annoying when their sickness last more than a week, let alone a month or two.

4 comments:

  1. I agree! Thus why I called in today! Coughing and sneezing would not do! Fortunately for me I'm not scheduled the rest of the week. Hopefully by Mon. I won't have to go to work coughing and sneezing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everyone has that luxury. Still, hope you feel better by then. If not, feel free to call work and have another sick day. Tell them I told you it was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my old job there was a lady who would come in every few months sick and touching my phone and stuff. From- Kelvin B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people don't seem to know how germs are spread, or just don't care.

    ReplyDelete