Thursday, April 24, 2014

Super Man


If I could travel very fast,
I'd quickly finish all my chores.
Then help my friends, or those who've asked.
And still have time to spend outdoors.

If I were blessed and very strong.
In addition to my speed.
I'd help, I'm sure, if things were wrong.
For whoever had the need.

And when I wanted to relax,
I'd take to flight into the sky.
Just my tights, I'd drop my slacks.
Though many people wonder why.

* * * * *

Every citizen, every crook,
glancing upward, take a look!

Oh my word!
Is it a bird?!!

Let me explain,
It's a Plane!!

Not so Stan,
It's Superman!

Let's watch him smash right through the door.
What were those first two excited for?

J.A.Scott

2 comments:

  1. Ha! ha! That was one funny poem. I'm a huge Superman fan, though if I were to be honest, I'd have to admit that Christopher Reeve had a lot to do with it. I still think Superman is one of the coolest superheroes around. Of course, I'm years older and out of touch with the current crop of superheroes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I loved Christopher Reeve as Superman. He played a good drunk Superman too. Or, as I would call him, Stupor-Man.
      Glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete