Sunday, March 15, 2015

Fresh Ground Coffee

R.a.n.t. of week 03/15/15
I don't know if this makes me a coffee snob or not, but I refuse to buy pre-ground coffee. Personally, I don't understand it. There is nothing I enjoy more than waking up and grinding a fresh pot of coffee.

WARNING! This is the paragraph showing how I'm not such a coffee snob. You see, when I'm shopping for coffee, I'm attracted to various different flavoured coffee. If it's something I'm going to enjoy, I'm going to buy it.

Now time for the complaint. It seems most coffee I find is pre-ground instead of whole bean. What good is that to me? For a time I was wondering if maybe flavoured coffee doesn't come in whole bean. But that can't be true. One of my favourite coffee places, Berres Brothers, has an abundance of awesome and different flavours available. All whole bean! (Or ground if you prefer). The down side to Berres Brothers, if there is one, is they  are not in my neighbourhood. I need make a special trip to Watertown Wisconsin and personally buy from them there in the cafe. Well, I guess it's not such a down side. I usually go with my sister and her family and we make a special day of it. It's our Berres Brothers time. And as they say in their store...

What is Berres Brothers Time?
BB time is a time to relax, talk, chill out, warm up. Just be you. It's time to think, laugh, whatever.
BB time is a feeling. A state of mind. An experience. A place where you're in control of the moment, protected from the stress, the noise and the hassle of the day. Whether it's with friends, family or all alone. First thing in the morning or late at night. Simply put, BB time is your time. And it's a little different for everyone. But when you're in it. You know it.

But let's be honest. No matter how special Berres Brother Time is to my sister and I, I'd still like to find whole bean coffee in the stores. I mean, is that such a hard thing?

6 comments:

  1. I've never ground my own coffee beans before. I'd like to try it but the thing is...I need to drink decaf for my heart. But I bet the smell and taste are heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grinding coffee is awesome. The smell is incredible and usually lingers for quite awhile. I truly enjoy it. You can find decaffeinated beans to grind. I'd suggest giving it a try at least once.

      Delete
  2. Have you tried Woodman's? As I recall they have quite the selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I have tried Woodman's. One of the few places with a wide selection of Berres Brothers coffee. And a lot of it whole bean. Works for me.

      Delete
  3. We've been grinding our own organic coffee for years now, I would never go back. Just the smell alone makes me happy in the morning. Coffee snob? Maybe. I'm okay with that label! LOL P.S. I'll have to try Berres, never been there! (kg)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend Highlander Grogg if you get Berres Brothers.

      Delete