Sunday, December 9, 2012

Turn Left

R.a.n.t. of week 12/09/12
This is an indicator light. Please use it!
A few years ago I r.a.n.t.ed about 'Inconsiderate Drivers'. Back then I was mostly talking about rude drivers. This time it's slightly different. It's the drivers who are indifferent to signalling. I can't count the number of times I've pulled up behind someone at a traffic light, waiting for the light to change green. And once it does I expect them to get going, but they don't. They just sit there. Why? Because they are turning left and have failed to signal. What makes matters worse, there is now a steady stream of cars going around us to the right. So now I'm locked in, waiting for this yahoo to finish their turn. Had they had their directional on, I would have known to go in the right lane. A few of the times they have a hard time turning, but when they do the light is already changing so now I'm forced to speed through a yellow/red light or wait for the light to change again. To add insult to injury, I've also noticed a few of these people who suddenly turn their directional on as they are turning. My brain just wants to melt. You DON'T have to tell me you are turning when I can SEE you are turning. We don't need signals in the car to inform others what you are already doing. Maybe next season, cars should be equipped with an indicator light, informing people there has been an accident. No, that's probably a bad idea, because once I SEE the accident, I'll KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!

*Thank you Donna for using your indicators. Much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment