Sunday, May 25, 2008

Really Getting Flighty

R.a.n.t. of week 05/25/08
I'm not quite sure what's going on but lately I've been really bad at little simple stuff. Forgetting things I should remember, correctly assessing a situation and responding accordingly, co-ordination and other stuff that I'm probably forgetting.

In the first situation, I had a big problem this weekend with forgetting small but essential bits needed for trying to get set up on my laptop. I wanted to do some writing this weekend and was updating windows with a new XP OS. However I forgot to bring along the code needed for registering it. But the fun didn't end there. I tried to input the files I brought along, saved on my phones backup flash drive. I put the card in but it didn't read. So I was upset again, and couldn't figure out why it didn't work. So I gave up on it. In the morning I realized I didn't put the save disk from my phone into the drive and thus was the reason it didn't work. I was really worked up about that.

In the second situation, I was having coffee at Highland Park when one of the staff trips and falls while coming up the steps. I just sat there and kept telling myself to get up and help, do something, anything. I didn't and felt stupid myself for doing nothing.

As for my co-ordination, I keep playing dominoes with everything. I'll brush up against something on a table or my desk and as I go to catch it, something else will get in the way and I'll knock that over and then something else. It really gets frustrating at times. I thought I was past that awkward stage in my life. Next thing you know, I'll be popping pimples again.

No comments:

Post a Comment