Sunday, May 11, 2008

Armadillo Walkers

R.a.n.t. of week 05/11/08
I seem to have a number of rants involving myself in a car and other drivers. Today's rant is directed outside the car, towards armadillo walkers. What is an armadillo walker you may ask? I'm glad you asked. You see an armadillo has a reputation for jumping in front of cars, ending up as road-kill. An armadillo walker is what I call a pedestrian that, despite seeing you, continues to walk into the road. Timing it so they pass the intersection just a second after a driver has passed. I call them armadillo walkers because of the frequency this seems to happen, not to mention if they were armadillo's they'd likely jump in front of the car, thus ending up as road-kill. Is it really that hard to wait for a car to pass before you begin crossing the street? Is someone in that much of a hurry they can't spare the extra second or two? If these people want to do that, fine, that's up to them. I'm just worried for their sanity at times. What if I were distracted and swerved my car, or just veered slightly more than they might expect. Realistically, it would be my fault for inattentive driving, but I can proudly say I have never hit an armadillo walker as yet. But the gumption of these people is unnerving to no end, why do they do it? I guess the age old joke should be reformatted. Why did the armadillo cross the road? Because it was impatient? Feel free to let me know if you ever get an answer to that one, because I'm still searching.

*Slightly revised 09/20/12

No comments:

Post a Comment