Sunday, September 5, 2004

Secret Origins of the Blog

R.a.n.t. of week 09/05/04
Why I began my blog.
Ever have something important, interesting or exciting to share but can't find anyone to talk to? This has happened to me so many times it's not funny. Try as I might, no one is available. I'll usually leave a number of voice messages or emails and then have to play the waiting game. No, I'm not ranting about people not replying this time, (I already did that one HERE), just the lack of finding anyone to talk to. The crickets chirping is annoying because in my delusional mind I worry where they might be. Are they sick, injured or being held hostage? So what is a guy to do? I have something important, interesting or exciting to tell people, but no one to talk to. Who's going to listen to me rant? Oh wait! That's it. I'll write a blog post about it. I can share it on-line and EVERYONE can listen to me rant.
Reprinted 11/27/12





*PLEASE NOTE - I recently found old R.a.n.t. articles posted to a website I once owned. I've decided to reprint them in my current run. However, ironically enough, I'm not to fond of the writing so I've decided to edit the articles and repost them. For comparisons sake, I've decided to run the edited version as well as the original. In a way, it's kind of fun to see how my writing has changed in eight years.

Original R.a.n.t.
No One To Talk To
Before I begin my rant I just wanted to say thank you all for the week off from rant. I felt kind of fooling to post a rant on Wednesday when Monday is when I am supposed to post it, and since I was on vacation I decided to take vacation from rant. So no, I have not forgotten or given up on ranting. How could I? It's too much fun. I hate when I get into my moods when I need someone to talk to, and no one is available. Either they are off doing something of their own, taking care of their kids and family or just not online. Granted, I probably spend to much time online, but I enjoy chatting on the phone as well. Still, when I have a problem and all of my friends are doing other stuff it drives me crazy. Sometimes I end up just giving up and try to give a day or so to see if they respond to me emails phone messages or yahoo chats, when they don’t I get depressed and somewhat paranoid. I don’t know, it’s just the way I am. And I hate the feeling that I’m bugging or bothering someone. I keep saying in my head, “If they wanted to or were able to talk to me, they would have called or left me a message.” I guess that’s enough for now, I’m gonna check my email for the second time this morning.

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I can relate to this.. thanks for sharing. You know you've reached an extremely high level of self-acceptance and maturity when you can RANT about something personal and it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about you anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words AJ. If you feel the same way, you might want to look into starting a blog of your very own. You wouldn't believe how therapeutic it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I think your blog (and mine and everyone else's) does not insure the fact that someone else hears or even listens. It only assures us that we can communicate our pain, our love, our thoughts... hopefully to find responsive ears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have a valid point. Truly, I've always thought the same way - thus the few other rants about no responses, feeling pointless and such. But usually, at least for me, just getting the thoughts out helps. Receptive or not, it's a form of therapy to help me cope with thoughts otherwise just trapped in my head.

    ReplyDelete