Sunday, August 8, 2004

Running Out Of Time

R.a.n.t. of week 08/08/04
Confession time! I've been putting this entry off for awhile. Not because I'm getting tired of writing, but because I keep running out of time. No, not that I NEVER have time. There have been instances when I have a few free moments but squander them on TV or some other worthless past-time. Then when it's too late, I suddenly remember. The most annoying thing in the world is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, doing chores. Then you suddenly have a quiet moment and forget (at least I do) the project you've been wanting to work on. The past few weeks I was working on a special project of helping design a web page for a friend. This past weekend was supposed to be the time I set aside to finally dig in and get started on it. Of course things came up, I got busy, the chicken crossed the road, and I forgot about the project. Looks like I've got my plans set for this weekend. Seriously, one of these days, I need to get a personal organizer. Oh wait! That's right, I do have one. Now if I can only find the time to read the instructions and figure out how to operate it. I think I'll set aside this weekend for that.
Reprinted 11/14/12





*PLEASE NOTE - I recently found old R.a.n.t. articles posted to a website I once owned. I've decided to reprint them in my current run. However, ironically enough, I'm not to fond of the writing so I've decided to edit the articles and repost them. For comparisons sake, I've decided to run the edited version as well as the original. In a way, it's kind of fun to see how my writing has changed in eight years.

Original R.a.n.t.

I know I"m late in getting this rant out, part of the reason is I just ran out of time and the other reason is I forgot when I had the time. Don't you hate when there is something important to do but you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off, and then when you get a moment to sit and relax you totally forget about the important thing you are supposed to be doing. I'm also supposed to be updating a website for someone at work and because of the busy weekend I have not found time to do that either. I really need to get an organizer. Oh wait, I have one, I just need to find the time to use it. Maybe when I get a free moment next.

4 comments:

  1. It is funny how the same rants often apply years down the road. :o/ I enjoyed the rewrite. It was much more descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but for some reason I recall wanting to do these writings in the raw. No editing. In retrospect, I think it was a poor decision.

    P.S. Thanks for saying so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not running out of time. Your running away from your priorities!

    ReplyDelete