Friday, February 11, 2011

Jeffrey Scott's Coffee Klatch - 2

When I did my traveling of last year, I feared something was going to happen. I had this realization I was likely going to develop the travel bug. Not surprising, it has hit me and I'm desperately trying to decide where I want to go next. Last year I was in Mexico, London and Paris. How do you top that? I likely won't get as much travel in this year, but would still like to go somewhere decent. This year my problem is I'd like to take my kids somewhere but overseas is out of the question. Most likely it'll be somewhere fairly close, like Mall of America, as we did last year. But I don't want to repeat that. So now I must think of somewhere cool to take the kids, and at the same time plan a trip for myself. You'd think traveling would be boring, but I rather enjoyed it. Where have you traveled alone?
__________________________________________________

In lieu of an interview this week I've decided to do a game review.

Not sure if there are any other game players in my audience, but I do enjoy my games from time to time, why else would I have purchased the PS3? Oh, that's right; the Blue-Ray player. Seriously though, I used to be addicted to games, especially online games. Anyone remember Evercrack? Oops, I meant Everquest. Fortunately I'm much older and have more important things like my writing to keep me busy. But I'm digressing, on to the game review.

If you love creating your own personalized character, you'll love this game. If you love interacting with other characters in the DC Universe, you'll love this game. If you like to play as a villain, you'll love this game. The character creating is great and lots of choices are available such as powers, and movement type. I am slightly (this is a very slight complaint) disappointed in the outfits available. Don't get me wrong, there are many, just not as many as I'd have liked. Of course, if you have a particular hero you'd like to pattern yourself after you have that option. Or if none are available, and you are creative enough you can do so yourself. As a big time Legion of Super Hero fan, I've created a Brainiac 5 and Sun Boy characters. Possibly more on the way, I enjoy creating characters as much as I enjoy playing the game.

Once you finally get into the game, you'll be given various missions from the heroes and villains of the game. As can be expected, the more missions you go on, the more experience you get, the higher in level you become. There are options for joining with others in a group or creating a League. If you love super heroes, online games or the DC Universe I'd highly suggest playing the game.

__________________________________________________

Today's musical guest is 5 for Fighting, "Superman (It's Not Easy)"
Enjoy


__________________________________________________


So what did you watch this week? Maybe I'll cover it here, if not feel free to leave a comment on what you think was awesome to watch this week.

"The Amazing Race"

"V" -

"Biggest Loser" -

"Parenthood" -

"Survivor" -

"Office" -

__________________________________________________

"The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan

No comments:

Post a Comment