Sunday, August 11, 2013

This Place is Swarming

R.a.n.t. of week 08/11/13
It's that time of year again - food on a stick time! That's right, the past two weeks have been our Wisconsin State Fair. Just about anything you can imagine ends up on a stick; deep fried snickers bar, deep fried cheesecake dipped in chocolate, deep fried Oreo dipped in chocolate (see a pattern?) and mac & cheese (oddly enough, not dipped in chocolate), just to name a few. Additionally are the typical food fair, baked potatoes, cream puffs, beer or funnel cakes. Next you have the unusual; chocolate covered bacon, deep fried butter and Krispy Kreme hamburgers. (Reminds me of Jim Gaffigan's donut ham hamburger). Now, I could be r.a.n.t.ing about too much good food (or bizarre unique food), but I'm not. Besides, I've already done so HERE.

This time I'm insecure about the number of people who actually flock to the fair for these favourite food fluffs. Standing in line for food of any sort is rough enough, but try walking close to a crowd where the speciality items are sold. Or worse, the exhibit halls. Walking through the mob of people has been described to me as trying to swim in water. You are constantly fighting to move forward, and it's never easy. Of course,  you are also worried about running into a pick-pocketer. Yet, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. The less money I have, the less I'm prone to purchase food that'll inspire an instant heart attack.


Bonus Photo: Krispy Kreme Hamburger

2 comments: