Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ants! - Us Vs. Them

R.a.n.t. of week 07/29/12
Back in my youthful Summer days, I recall how some people were very bothered by ants. Not me, I didn't seem to mind them. Of course back then, there was only the occasional tickling I felt on an arm as an ant marched along. A minor inconvenience to be sure, not a 'big' problem. But now I'm much older and have to tend to adult responsibilities such as keeping my house clean and pest free. Truly, who likes pests of any nature? Bees, roaches, rats, those drunken family members who have no social graces but show up at every family function?

As you may have guessed (or you may as well stop reading right now), the pest problem I'm having of lately is ants. It doesn't matter how many times I've cleaned the counter or the floor, these little pests are persistANT. Traps I've set for them in years past, they seem to skip right over this year. It's starting to drive me buggy. If there were only a few, I'd be fine. But this is starting to get ridiculous. I'm getting tired of their ANTics.

OH NO THEY DIDN'T! I just found them in my FRUIT LOOPS! That's it, all bets are off!

2 comments:

  1. After visiting my cousin in Tucson, I don't mind our ants so much...I was standing in her yard when all of a sudden it felt like my leg was on fire...I had stood on a red ant nest...it was horrible! In Arizona, you have to be careful where you stand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I would hate that problem. I few years back, I had a problem with ants with wings. It took me a while to get rid of them, but finally did. No idea where they came from or where they went. Haven't seen them since and hope they are gone for good.

    ReplyDelete