Thursday, May 15, 2008

05-15-05-23-21-08 48

Writing again.

Yes, I've mentioned a time or two since I began writing you again that I really want to get back into writing. I love writing, so much so that I do it even without an audience. So that brings me to an important question. What really is a writer? Can I call myself a writer just because I like to write? Or is that a title I can only hold once I get paid for writing? If not, am I a writer as long as I have many fans? How about the fact that most likely I'm just writing for my own enjoyment. Not because of not wanting to share what I write, but because I have not found that audience. If I were to pick up a pile of bricks and began laying them out in the yard to build a grill, does that make me a mason? If I tell a joke, does that make me a comedian? Once I get an answer to my question I shall share it with you, feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Well, it's getting late, and I've spent far to many nights up into the wee hours. I really need to head to bed, so I'll leave you with this short note for the evening. Yes, I know for you it's almost morning (what with the six hour time difference and all), but chances are you are not reading this at the same time as I'm writing it. So just in case it's not morning when you read this; good day, good night and good evening.

2 comments:

  1. I think that it is a matter of having a nack at it, or getting good by practice. You could do either, they both be junk or be good. Do other people think your writing is good? I think that when you create somthing that someone (someone other then yourself, of course) likes, or notices you can call yourself the title. Otherwise, how would you know if it was any good. Yes, not everyone will like your work...that's life. I love writing, B thinks it stinks, but lots of other people have told me it is good, I'm even getting something published. Listen to the Believers!!! Ok that was odd ;), I think I scared myself.
    I would like to read something that you wrote, you haven't offered though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you have to do is ask. But then again, I've posted so much online lately, there is a lot to read. I've even posted a few stories in this or my other blog. As for my poetry, they are all listed here.

      Delete