Wednesday, May 14, 2008

05-14-04-14-52-08 47

Tuesday's with Dori

Sort of a joke with the title of this letter, which I'll explain in just a bit. First I wanted to say hi Tegan. It's been so long since I've written you that I.... what? Oh yea, it was just yesterday. Well, you know what that means don't you? Last time I wrote I said I'd probably check back in if there was a weight loss from last night. That sort of brings us to the title of this letter. It all started before I headed out for Weight Watchers, I was reviewing my blog and checking out other random blogs when I came to one with that very name. If I haven't mentioned it to you before, Dori is the name of my team leader at Weight Watcher's, and we do indeed meet on Tuesday's. So it was kind of odd to find that. Now the really weird bit was it was on food and cooking. Sort of a reverse of what Dori talks about, considering there were several baking recipe's on Dorie's blog. On top of that, the name was slightly different and considering my Dori has mentioned several times she's not very computer savvy, Dorie became known as Dori's evil twin. Or so I joked with Chris. So how did it all go? I lost 1.4 and Chris (after her week long vacation to Cancun) lost two pounds. She was sure she was going to gain around ten. Now for the totals, I'm only 1.4 pounds away from my next 5 lb marker and just 2.4 from reaching goal. I'm so close, I really need to watch what I eat. Perhaps I shouldn't mention that after WW we went to a local Italian restaurant and got some Veal Parmesan for a treat. Of course, neither of us ate the whole meal. I think we both took home about half, so that's the good bit I guess. Time was, I'd have eaten everything and still looked for dessert.

As you can probably tell, I'm really trying to get back into writing. I really want to be serious. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Writer's Block, but I've been reviewing it. More and more I'm seeing bits I want to change and improve. It's still amazing I really don't have any copies saved on computer. All of the episodes, save one, are printed out; typed on a typewriter many years before I ever got a computer. I'd like to finally get all of them saved and backed up on computer. This morning I visited Highland Park Pies & Cafe around 6:30 to do some reading of the episodes. Once I'm done reviewing them, I'm going to start typing them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment