Friday, May 9, 2008

05-09-06-15-50-08 45

It's been a while since I've written you an actual letter. I know it's not like we haven't been in contact with each other, there has been texts, emails, gmail chat and notes. I guess I just wanted to get back to a written 'hard-copy' sort of way to stay in touch. The reasoning I got away from that for a while was the sameness of everything. It seemed like every letter was almost describing the same 'ol stuff. So perhaps I'll try and think of new ways to spice up our relationship. Also, I'd like to try and include more of my personal writings to you to see what you think. Feel free to respond to my letters in the response, or in your own blog.

Odd how the last time I wrote to you was before Brandon and Rachael moved in upstairs; before the literal birth of Zoe in that very apartment. It's been nice because Brandon and I have become good friends as you well know. Our enthusiasm for all things nerdy, Lost, Doctor Who, Star Wars, and other geeky things I use to have a problem admitting to liking. I suppose I'm just getting too old to care about what others think about me anymore.

Another thing I had wanted to track (though I still do have the notes) was my progress on Weight Watchers. Last time I physically wrote you I lost about 20 pounds. Well, here it is almost two years later and I'm under 200 pounds with a total loss so far of over 110. I'm feeling much better, looking much better, and feeling better about myself than I have in a long time. I've probably taken about 10 years off. Or added 10 years to my life, depending on how you want to look at it.

So, that's it for this letter. Can't really think what else to include that we seriously haven't gone into many times before in our other conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment